Federal Investor and Entrepneur Applications are terminated as of Feb 2014. Please note that Quebec Investor program is still open for people who speak French. Starting April 1, 2014 regular investor Prog for Quebec has been re launched. Application will be accepted as of Sept 1, 2014. However, the details of the program/forms are still sketchy. The number of applications accepted may be by country and or Bank Broker oriented.
DEPENDENT CHILDREN will now be 19 effective August 1, 2014 (very significant change). Officers do not have to determine who is full time student, dependent on financial support on parents or not etc etc .
Parents and Grand parents sponsorship began on 2nd of Jan 2014 and ended at the end of January. Now, wait until next January for your chance. However, in the meantime SUPER VISAS is a great tool to bring your parents here. If you desire to have them granted 10 years multiple visa, the passport must be valid for 10 years.
1.Students and Foreign workers:Cooks (NOC code 6322), food service
supervisors (NOC 6311), administrative officer (NOC 1221), administrative assistants (NOC 1241), accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311), and retail sales supervisor(NOC 6211) these six occupations will no longer be eligible for CEC however they will be eligible to apply under semi skilled (100 applications only), PNP and or through arranged employment.
2. 2014 expected to have 261,000 immagrants (63% economic, 26% family and 10% humanitarian
3.Now Employer have to pay for Labour Market Assessment ($1000 per Foreign Worker) and really justify "Why a foreign Worker? Why not a Canadian?student applying for LMO and foreign workers asking for extention be cautious. Some sectors are excluded for LMIA under NAFTA. LMIA are divided now either LOW WAGE JOBS or High Skilled Jobs depending upon the wage offered instead of normal NOC code. These changes do not impact Farm Workers. Now Work Permit will only be for 1 year instead of 2. Jobs which require no education and experience no longer will be eligible for LMIA especially where unemployment rate is over 6% .
4. Quebec Investor Program for Non French speaking people is now open.
5. Alberta Family Stream is now closed Students who has a valid job offer from Alberta employer can apply for a PNP. However, intention to stay in the province permanently is important. Therefore, if you have studied outside Alberta, it may be difficult to prove it. Be cautious! (September 24, 2013)
6. PEI Immigrant Partner Program still has not opened yet but be ready(any time)
8. Family Class applications (parents/grand) filed before May 28, 2010 are now been asked to submit additional or current information
9. You may consider EB5 investor program for US Green Card instead of Canadian Investor Program
10. Nurses may be eligible for PNP program but not under Federal (French not really important but English is)
11. Saskatchewan is looking for experienced Dr under a special program.
12. Applying as a Farmer under Federal Self Category may not be a good idea. Check the statistics as well as self employed requirements carefully
13. PNPManitoba,Alberta maybe better option but check out the success rate so far. What is a farmer? The average size of a farm in Canada is almost 800 acres. 14. Professions in Demand Engineers (Mechanical, Chemical, Mining, Geological, Petroleum,Aerospace and Computer)/Para Medics(Occupational Therapists, Medical sonographers, Medical Radiation Technologists,clinical perfusionists, pathologists assistant, medical laboratory technicians and medical laboratory technologists)/ land surveyors (inspectors in public and environmental health, and occupational health and safety) and nurses in Quebec.
14. Nova Scotia will take 150 applications per year and is open for almost 43 professions including Dr, Nurses, Accountants, Welder etc. Incomplete applications will be returned. IELTS 5 Bands, 2 yrs exp, age 21 to 49.
No relatives support and or job letter required, however aggressive communications with regulatory body and or employer will get definate preference.
15. BC PNP is a great program for self employed folks who have net worth of $400,000 and willing to invest $200,000 outside Vancouver and Abbotsford area. Will get 2 years work permit which can turn into PR
© 2013 | metro immigration.com